Monday, December 23, 2013

Heart Art



On Friday night I attended the Fine Framing and Art gallery with my mother.   Martin Eisenberg, my mother’s coworker, invited us to the gallery to see his display of art.


His beautiful art symbolizes joy and uses bright, vibrant colors in a creative, abstract way.  Every work of his art begins with a small red heart, hence the name “Heart Art.” 


Intrigued, I decided to ask Mr. Eisenberg a few questions about himself and his art, which ended up being my very first independent interview.  Here is our interview (MM-Monique’s Medley, ME-Martin Eisenberg):             


MM: Is your art your passion, or a way to escape?

ME:  My art is definitely a passion.  There is no need to escape life.


MM: What would you consider your style of painting?

ME: My style of painting is whimsical, every color represents an emotion.


MM:  Why did you choose art as a way to express yourself?

ME: I don’t know why I picked art, it came to me like people come to me.


MM:  Do you think you’ll stick to your current style of art?

ME: I’ll stick to my style of painting forever.


MM: Who is your inspiration?

ME: Britto, he uses many different colors like me.  His art is very eclectic.  He uses mostly figures, whereas I use puzzle pieces.  I actually met him before and showed him my art. He told me to keep up the good work. 


MM: What is your favorite piece of art?

ME: (long pause)   If you ask just about any artist, they’ll tell you that you can’t just pick one piece. I love everything.  Each has a different meaning.  Every time I look at my work I’m amazed that I did it. 


MM: So how did you end up here, at a gallery?

ME: Back in June I was driving to work when I saw this studio.  I stopped and wrote down their number.  When I called they didn’t answer for a long time until Samantha Frith called me back.  She told me to come by and I brought one of my pieces with me.  It was the first time that anyone had called me an artist. 


MM: Would you say that being an artist is now your identity?

ME: Yes it is, but it’s just one of them.  I have many others.  

Martin Eisenberg's work
My mother and I alongside Martin Eisenberg



Contact: heart.art@aol.com  954-383-0775


Ciao,
       Monique


4 comments:

  1. Very informative and enlightening. Thank you for including some of his work. I look forward to reading more of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing artist. Would love to know more about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is! You should definitely check out more of his artwork. I have his contact information within the blog post if you are interested.

      Delete