Thursday, March 26, 2015

Spring Break: Miami








Me at the Falls Shopping Mall

 Miami is a hot place to be, and I'm not just talking about the temperature.  The vibrant culture and energy is truly what makes Miami hot.   

Although I've lived in Florida all of my life, I've never truly explored the vibrancy of Miami in depth.  My family and I have always passed through the city, not enjoying what it has to offer.  

Being the curious and slightly adventurous child that I am, I asked if we could go and REALLY experience Miami, at least the PG version of it.

We started by hanging out by Bayside and taking a boat tour of the luxurious celebrity houses on Miami's neighboring Star and Fisher islands.







Another day we immersed ourselves into the crazy South Beach atmosphere as we walked down Lincoln Road.  Luckily we were just in time for the Farmer's Market!      



But despite all of the sightseeing, the true highlight of Miami is the food!
I can't tell you how many café con leches and cortaditos I've indulged in

Cuban sandwich at Casavana

medianoche with plantain chips at Versailles 


Especially our dinner at Versailles.  Versailles is probably the most popular Cuban restaurant in Miami, and rightfully so.  




I ordered Lechon Asado (pork) with yuca y arroz moros (boiled cassava and rice seasoned and cooked along with black beans).






Very good croquetas de bacalao with a jazzy cilantro sauce

don't worry, it's virgin (and really good)
café con leche

flan
I hope to be back in Miami soon!

Link for Mobile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVuyj_bRNIA


 Ciao,

       Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment