Sunday, September 28, 2014

Curl Fest 2014






For the nearly 16 years of my time here on this planet, I've manged to tame my fro naturally.       
This means I have never used any chemicals or relaxers on my hair.  
Keeping your hair natural is a difficult and expensive thing to do for us black girls, but in the end it pays off.  
It caused my hair to grow long, strong, and healthy.  Often my hair is mistaken for a weave!

So far, my signature style for sophomore year has been a crimp,
 making it look like my hair has a natural wave pattern; courtesy of my amazing hairstylist Ms. Tory

Curl Fest is a celebration of natural hair and includes vendors and hair stylists from all over Orlando promoting the growth of  healthy, natural hair.  
One product I bought from Curl Fest is the Lush Hair Lotion from Cashmere Blush. The lotion contains essential oils, vitamins, and fatty acids to add sheen and hydration to hair without weighing it down, something I definitely needed!


It was nice to see the different natural hairstyles people had at the event and how they help maintain it.  I hope to attend many other natural hair events in the future

*I apologize for not having any pics of the event.  I literally took pictures and video for you guys, but somehow managed to delete them all from my phone : (

Ciao,

       Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment